To install VLC Nightly, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
choco install vlc-nightly
To upgrade VLC Nightly, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
choco upgrade vlc-nightly
To uninstall VLC Nightly, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
choco uninstall vlc-nightly
The Nightly version of VLC is the latest unstable and unsupported software as provided by VideoLAN
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols.
- Plays Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
- Fast - Hardware Decoding.
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed - MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3…
- Complete feature-set over the video, subtitle synchronisation, video and audio filters.
- Runs on all platforms - Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android …
- Completely Free - no spyware, no ads and no user tracking.
/Language:en- Two letter language code: nl, en, fr …
choco install --params "'/Language:fr'" Will set the language of VLC to french
Please Note: This is an automatically updated package. If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.